CPRD has recently released “Strata Reports” that report the frequencies for all variables covered in the Illinois Youth Survey for Illinois youth in 8th, 10th and 12th grades living in urban, suburban and rural areas. CPRD was unable to produce the strata report for the City of Chicago that is typically released due to an inadequate sample size. CPRD was also unable to produce an overall statewide report also due to sample size limitations resulting from the Covid-19 pandemic.
Review these strata reports here: https://iys.cprd.illinois.edu/results/state
Reported data tables in each strata report are divided into six areas:
- STUDENT CHARACTERISTICS includes demographic data and other information about the surveyed population.
- DRUG PREVALENCE AND BEHAVIORS Includes substance use behaviors including type, frequency, consequences, and recovery.
- DRUG USE CONTRIBUTING FACTORS Includes factors in students, their families, and their communities that may increase or reduce the risk of youth substance use disorder, such as access to substances and parental communication about expectations to not use drugs.
- INTERPERSONAL CONFLICT, VIOLENCE AND DELINQUENCY includes experiences with violence and high-risk behaviors including bullying, fighting, and gambling.
- ACADEMIC AND SCHOOL EXPERIENCES includes youth opinions of their academic experiences, their school environment, and engagement in youth activities.
- MENTAL, SOCIAL, AND PHYSICAL HEALTH includes a variety of mental and physical health issues including thoughts about depression/suicide, nutrition, and physical activity (includes estimates of obesity).
For questions contact scott[at]cprd[dot]illinois[dot]edu